Brand protection is vital for companies aiming to maintain their reputation and customer loyalty. It significantly impacts user experience (UX) and customer experience (CX), and by investing in brand protection, companies can enhance trust and credibility, leading to higher customer satisfaction and loyalty. In this article, we'll explore how brand protection influences UX and CX and why companies must prioritize it.
Understanding Customer Experience (CX) and User Experience (UX)
Customer Experience (CX)
Customer Experience (CX) encompasses the customer's relationship with a company, covering all points of contact and interaction with a brand. These interactions shape the perception of the company, with each stage of the customer experience affecting loyalty and engagement. Metrics such as the customer loyalty index and overall satisfaction are used to assess CX.
CX in Statistics:
- 74% of senior executives believe that CX impacts customers' likelihood to recommend a brand.
- 60% of people are willing to spend more for a better customer experience.
- 80% of companies believe they provide a great CX, but only 8% of customers agree.
User Experience (UX)
User experience (UX) refers to the feelings and experiences people have while using a product. Every stage of product usage is part of the UX, as each step influences how people feel about the product. UX is a crucial aspect of CX, as it covers how people interact with the product, while CX involves the support provided by the brand when customers face issues or have questions.
The Importance of Customer Experience for Businesses
CX is crucial for any business's success, as a positive CX can increase company loyalty, profits, and resource efficiency, while also reducing costs. Studies show that customers are willing to pay more for a better experience and may even switch to a competitor if their experience is unsatisfactory.
Positive experiences with a company make customers more likely to become repeat customers and recommend the company to others, increasing business through word of mouth.
Satisfied customers are more likely to make repeat purchases, spend more on each transaction, and leave positive feedback, attracting new customers.
Reduced Costs and Resource Efficiency
By investing in user-friendly website design, easy-to-use interfaces, and clear communication, companies can save time and resources spent on inquiries, complaints, and returns, leading to cost savings and operational efficiencies.
How Brand Protection Affects Customer Experience
Brand protection is closely linked to CX, as it ensures customers receive authentic, high-quality products and services, contributing to a positive brand experience.
Product Quality and Safety
By adhering to established manufacturing and distribution standards, brand protection guarantees that customers receive products that meet their expectations regarding quality, performance, and safety.
Fighting counterfeit products protects the brand's reputation and CX, as counterfeit products are often of poor quality, leading to negative experiences for customers who mistakenly believe they are purchasing authentic products.
Protecting brand intellectual property maintains the brand's unique identity and competitive advantage, allowing customers to easily recognize and trust the company's products.
Consistent Marketing Strategy
Monitoring and managing online presence and brand reputation ensures consistent marketing messages across all touchpoints, creating a seamless CX.
Case Study: Gucci
Gucci, a world-famous luxury fashion brand, is known for its high-quality products, unique design, and exceptional customer experience. In order to maintain its prestigious reputation and provide an outstanding customer experience (CX), Gucci has implemented a comprehensive brand protection strategy that focuses on several key areas.
Gucci's commitment to quality is evident in every aspect of its products. The company uses premium materials and employs skilled craftsmen to ensure that each item meets the highest standards of design, quality, and durability. By delivering top-quality products, Gucci ensures that customers have a positive experience with the brand, contributing to customer satisfaction and brand loyalty.
Counterfeit products pose a significant threat to Gucci's brand reputation and customer experience. To protect its customers and maintain the integrity of its brand, Gucci actively fights against fakes through various measures:
- Awareness campaigns: Gucci educates its customers on how to recognize authentic Gucci products and provides guidelines for verifying the authenticity of items purchased from authorized retailers or online platforms.
- Legal action: Gucci takes legal action against counterfeiters to protect its intellectual property rights and prevent the proliferation of fake products.
- Collaboration with law enforcement: Gucci works closely with law enforcement agencies and customs officials worldwide to detect and seize counterfeit goods, ensuring that customers only have access to authentic products.
Intellectual Property Protection
Gucci's unique designs, logos, and patterns are essential to its brand identity and appeal. To safeguard its intellectual property (IP) rights, Gucci takes the following steps:
- Trademark registration: Gucci registers its trademarks, logos, and other distinctive elements in all relevant jurisdictions to ensure legal protection against unauthorized use.
- Design and patent protection: Gucci protects its innovative designs and inventions through design registrations and patents, preventing competitors from copying or imitating its creations.
- Monitoring and enforcement: Gucci continuously monitors the market for potential IP infringements and takes appropriate enforcement actions to prevent unauthorized use of its IP assets.
Customer Trust and Loyalty
By focusing on product quality, combatting counterfeits, and protecting its intellectual property, Gucci demonstrates its commitment to providing a superior customer experience. These brand protection efforts not only enhance customer trust and loyalty but also contribute to Gucci's long-term success and profitability. When customers are confident that they are purchasing authentic, high-quality Gucci products, they are more likely to return for future purchases and recommend the brand to others, ultimately driving brand growth and expansion.
BrandMonitor: Comprehensive Brand Protection
BrandMonitor's AI algorithms scan the internet 24/7, identifying websites, ads, and marketplace and social media accounts that violate brand rights, blocking thousands of websites and millions of offers on marketplaces and social networks. All identified violations are displayed in a user-friendly interface within the personal account, allowing brands to view brand protection statistics online.
BrandMonitor identifies and eliminates counterfeit goods offline and ensures retailers don't violate brands' rights again. By 2023, we had identified approximately 50,000 retail outlets selling counterfeit goods and conducted around 10,000 raids annually in collaboration with law enforcement. Each identified offense, like with online channels, is stored in a single BrandMonitor personal account interface, allowing brand representatives to track each case's progress or view overall brand protection statistics offline.
BrandMonitor's Approach to Brand Protection
We go beyond merely finding and blocking infringements online – goods are physical, and not just websites but all sales channels and supply chains should be blocked. That's why the fight against counterfeiting unfolds both online and offline.
With BrandMonitor, brands choose their scope of work with just one click in their personal account. We believe that for brand protection to be effective, it must be proportional to the volume of violations. Our solution makes brand protection independent of allocated budgets, as our work is financed from funds recovered from offenders. You decide the level of brand protection your brand needs – we handle the rest.
The problem of counterfeiting is global. BrandMonitor not only removes counterfeit goods from the market but also blocks their supply chains, making it impossible for brand infringers to continue operating. To achieve this, BrandMonitor has several key advantages:
- More than 40 lawyers in different countries, well-versed in local law and effectively managing projects in each region.
- A partner network of over 150 lawyers working simultaneously on brand protection within the BrandMonitor platform, providing unparalleled speed.
- Over 3,000 mystery shoppers in 80+ countries worldwide monitor the market daily, enabling BrandMonitor to conduct tens of thousands of police raids per year and seize millions of dollars' worth of merchandise.